Looking for the best life coach certifications online? You’re on the right page.
Life coaching is the second-fastest-growing global industry with a growth rate of 6.7% a year. It is all set to become a $20 billion global industry by 2023. If you want to become a life coach, the best way to get started is to enroll in a life coach certification program. A life coach certification is a program to prepare you to become a certified life coach and start your career.
There are several life coach certifications online to choose from. While most of them are accredited programs but they are different and have their ups and downs. How to select the right life coach certification online and what’s the best program for you, let’s find out.
Best Life Coach Certifications for 2023
Here is a list of the best life coach certifications online for 2023:
- Core Essentials Program by CoachU
- Coaching Training Alliance
- iNLP Center
- iPEC Coaching
- Life Purpose Institute
- Certified Life Coach Institute
- Erickson International
Let’s have a look at each of these in detail:
1. Core Essentials Program by CoachU
The Core Essentials Program is one of the oldest life coach certifications. It is a virtual program that prepares you to become a great life coach according to International Coaching Federation (ICF) rules. The program is accredited and is geared towards developing the core skills that are essential for any life coach.
It is a beginner-level program that helps you understand the basics. It is an intensive 77-hour training program that you can complete at your own pace. You can switch to a 6-day intensive program if you want to complete it quicker. It covers several essential courses including coaching fundamentals, language proficiency, coaching principles, mindset, skills, and more. You’ll get access to hundreds of PDFs, videos, and other material.
Here are the key features of the Core Essentials Program:
- A self-paced online life coaching program for beginners
- It is a comprehensive coaching program that has 15 courses that you’ll cover
- The program is developed in accordance with ICF’s core coaching competencies
- You get hundreds of PDFs, checklists, forms, resources, and other material for assistance and reference
- The certification helps you become a coach and start your coaching business from scratch
- You get a certification after completing all the courses
- Flexible timing and virtual learning make it best for persons who want to enroll in a part-time life coaching program
- You can switch to the fast track and complete all courses in 6-days
Here are the things that we love about this certification:
- A very detailed and comprehensive program
- Flexible timing and self-paced
- Intensive program
- Lots of resources, materials, and tools
Here is what we don’t like about it:
- No one-to-one support or assistance available to the students
- No payment plans are available
The Core Essentials Program (CEP) is priced at $3,995 including all materials and resources. The fee for the fast track program is $5,095 including all material. However, you can get a special discount on the fast track program if you register 45 days before program commencement or in case of group registration.
It is an ideal certification for beginners and newbies who are new to the life coaching industry. It is a foundational program that focuses on basic courses. So, it is best for those who want to have a solid foundation in their career.
It is also a great choice for those who are already doing a job as it offers you flexible timing with no strictness.
2. Coaching Training Alliance
Coaching Training Alliance (CTA) is a leading life coaching certification that is accredited by ICF. It is an online 6-month training program that prepares you to become a life coach and start your business. Being a professional certification, it comes loaded with group mentoring, tele sessions, coach-the-coach sessions, and several assignments and activities. The total duration of the program is 22 weeks. You’ll cover 20 lessons with weekly 5 hours of commitment.
The program is skill-based and focuses on developing the right skills in the students that are assessed too. You must meet the graduation requirements to get your certificates such as attendance maintenance, active participation, completion of 80% of assignments, and others.
Here is an overview of the key features of the Coaching Training Alliance program:
- Comprehensive online life coach certification that is approved by ICF and ACSTH
- The training program received the best Life Coach Training and Certification Provider in the USA and an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau
- It is a 6-month program that comes with a completion certification
- It develops coaching, business, and marketing skill
- The certification comes has lessons, quizzes, assignments, self-study, group mentoring, tele sessions, coaching training, observation, and a final written exam
- The course work consists of 20 detailed lessons that cover coaching, business, and marketing
- You’ll complete real-life coaching projects
- Access to private Facebook group and free website and hosting.
The major benefits of the certification include:
- Multiple teaching methods including real-life coaching projects
- Classes are limited to 10–15 students that ensure individual personalized learning
- The complete end-to-end coaching program that prepares you to start your coaching business when you finishes
- Certification of completion
- Payment plans are available.
Here are the downsides:
- No self-pacing available
- You must register at least a month in advance. The
The program is priced at $3,547 which includes everything you need for the course. You don’t have to pay anything for certification, exams, or other resources. You can choose to pay the fee in full or switch to installments. You can choose to pay in three, seven, or nine installments.
The Coaching Training Alliance certification is for anyone interested in starting a life coach business with or without prior experience. It is a cost-effective, online, and comprehensive program that offers a lot of value to the students.
Upon graduation, you get a CTA certified coach certificate and your name is added to the CTA’s life coach directory. You’ll become ready to start your career right away.
3. Life Coach Certification Online by iNLP Center
The Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) Center offers the Life Coach Certification Online which is self-paced ICF accredited training. It is a 100% online certification program that comes with four different certifications:
- Life coach certification
- Master life coach certification
- NLP practitioner certification
- NLP Master certification.
The program is flexible where you choose your schedule. However, most of the students complete it in 6–8 months. You get a chance to work with a trainer in the virtual classroom.
The major features of the certification are:
- An approved and accredited certification
- Online with a self-paced option
- It has 16 modules that cover everything ranging from coaching to business development to marketing
- It comes with multiple training and teaching methods including weekly life coach training, weekly group training sessions, a virtual classroom for feedback, coaching practice, Q&A sessions, and more
- You can choose from more than 35 weekly group sessions and work with the trainers
- Live marketing training classes every week
- You get access to a private Facebook community where students can interact and share experiences and thoughts
- Lifetime access to courses and material with ongoing support.
The key benefits of the program are:
- A comprehensive and detailed training program
- It comes with four different certifications
- Three different training program options to choose from
- Online training with no deadlines. You can work at your own pace
- Lifetime support and access to material
- Installment options are available
The major downside includes:
- No intensive course option is available and it takes an average of 6 months for completion.
The training program comes in three different versions. The standard plan costs $2600, the ACC track costs $3400, and the PCC track costs $5900. The key difference between the three is the number of ICF coaching training hours, live training sessions per week, and mentor coaching.
All three coaching courses come with installment plans. You have the option to pay the full fee or switch to an installment plan.
Life Coach Certification Online by iNLP Center is best for individuals who are looking for a complete life coach certification program that is flexible, self-paced, and guarantees a completion certificate. The focus of the course is on helping you start your life coaching business.
So, if you are more interested in enrolling in a practical program that ensures you have your business set up and ready by the end of the program, this is the course for you.
4. ICF Accredited Coach Training Program by iPEC
The Institute of Professional Excellence in Coaching (iPEC) offers one of the best and most comprehensive accredited life coaching certifications. You’ll get three certifications upon completion of the program.
iPEC was founded by Bruce D. Schneider who is the author of “Energy Leadership: Transforming Your Workplace and Your Life from the Core”. The training and certifications are based on the same concept and methodology that was presented in the book that energy is the core and the most crucial personal resource.
The program builds the coaching skills that you need to succeed. It consists of three 3-day virtual sessions that you have to take every 12 weeks. It isn’t self-paced so you can’t complete it earlier. One thing that sets iPEC coaching apart is that it focuses on choosing a coaching specialty. You’ll have to select your specialty from the available list.
Here is an overview of the major features of the training program:
- The best and most reputable ICF accredited coaching certification
- You’ll learn in person from the best trainers and mentors
- It comes with 200 ICF accredited training hours and an additional 120 hours
- The program consists of weekly assignments, webinars, workbooks, and self-study material
- Monthly meeting with the mentor and success coach
- Weekly assignments and self-study material to keep you on track
- Select a specialty and work in your niche right from the start
- It provides you with business and marketing training too that is helpful in starting your career once you are done
- It has a private Facebook group where you can interact with fellow students and mentors anytime you want.
The key advantages are:
- Most reputable and credible life coach certification that comes with a professional certificate with digital credentialing
- Online program with in-person training
- You get three different certificates upon completion
- Practical certification that works on helping you identify a coaching niche and establish your business by the end of the course
- Personalized mentoring and success coaching helps you in grooming and growing your business.
Here are the things that you might not like:
- No self-paced study option is available
- No payment plans
The iPEC ICF accredited coach training program is priced at $11,950. You’ll earn three certifications upon completion: Certified Professional Coach, Energy Leadership Index Master Practitioner, and COR.E Dynamics Specialist.
It is expensive but don’t forget that it comes with three powerful certifications bundled together.
It is a reputable and unique life coach certification program. It is best for everyone irrespective of where you are coming from. If you can afford it, go for it.
By the time you’ll finish your training, you’ll know where to go and how to start your career. This is something that you don’t get with other training programs.
Overall, it is an all-purpose extensive certification that is reputable.
5. Life Coach Certification Program by Life Purpose Institute
Life Purpose Institute was founded by Fern Gorin in 1984. She uses a unique coaching method to make positive changes in people’s lives. The same method is used in the Life Coach Certification Program. She developed the training material herself based on her techniques, methods, and approaches.
The Life Coach Certification Program is a 60-hour online program that offers you in-depth knowledge to learn and become a life coach. The ICF-accredited program has 125 hours of training and it prepares you for ICF accreditation by meeting all the requirements.
The program consists of a step-by-step coaching method that Fern Gorin developed in 1984, business development coaching, and marketing coaching. So, it covers all the aspects of becoming a certified life coach and starting your business.
The main features of the training program are:
- An online life coaching certification program with a flexible schedule and self-paced feature
- You can choose between in-person and online training and go with an intensive 5-day program
- Personalized one-to-one support via an expert trainer
- You get access to all the training material and resources
- ICF accreditation exam available towards the end of the training
- Business and marketing training is included in the training program to help you get started right away
- You can go for professional mentor coaching to fulfill the requirements of ICF certification.
Here are the things that we love about this certification:
- Self-paced and online training
- Affordable coaching
- Intensive training program available that only takes 5 days to complete
- One-to-one coaching and access to all the resources and material
- Payment plans are available to choose from
The only thing that we don’t like about the program is:
- You don’t get ICF accreditation with the standard 60-hour training program.
The core coaching program is priced at $2,500 and you can choose a 5-day intensive program, 3-month, or 6-month online or in-person course. You can switch to ICF accredited coaching training after completion of the core program which will cost you an additional $1,500.
It is an affordable life coach certification that is online and comes with an intensive program. This is ideal for beginners. You can enroll in the core program, get all the training, and move to the ICF accredited certification after course completion.
6. Certified Life Coach Institute
Certified Life Coach (CLC) Institute offers two life coach certifications that help you acquire ICF core competencies. It is an online certification that you can complete in 3-days. This makes it one of the fastest certification programs that let you become a certified life coach in as low as 3 days.
It comes with lifetime support and access to the community of coaches with more than 9000 coach alumni. In order to become an ICF accredited life coach, you must take both levels that together complete the 60 hours of training.
Here is an overview of the main features of the program:
- Online life coach certification that only requires 3-days for completion
- ICF accredited institution and training program
- The daily class schedule is available on the official website that gives you a decent idea of what you’ll learn
- The program includes one-to-one detailed sessions
- It covers all the coaching, business, and marketing topics
- It prepares you to start your life coaching business as soon as you complete the course.
The major benefits include:
- You become a certified life coach in three days
- Very affordable certification
- Become an ICF-accredited coach
- No prerequisites
- Financing option available.
The drawbacks include:
- The business and marketing modules are basic-level
- Unavailability of post-course support or access to any exclusive forum or group.
The best thing about this training program is that it is affordable and cheap. There are two certifications: Foundational and Advanced. The Foundational certification costs $995 and the Advanced is priced at $1,295. You can register for both for $1,995 which will earn you ICF accredited certification.
You can pay full or choose to go for the financing option.
The Certified Life Coach Institute certifications are ideal for those who want to earn their certification. It is suitable for beginners since it has no prerequisites. In order to become ICF accredited, you’ll have to complete both the courses (Foundational and Advanced). So, if you want to get it done at an affordable price, this is your best bet.
7. The Art & Science of Coaching by Erickson International
Erickson International offers comprehensive ICF accredited coaching certification programs. The Art & Science of Coaching offers three different certifications:
- Coach Qualification is for the ICF credential
- Coach Diploma is a full-length four-module ICF accredited certification
- Coach Certification is a non-ICF accredited program.
You can enroll in your preferred certification and choose an online or on-site program. The online program is self-paced and extensive. You’ll have online sessions, outdoor activities, one-to-one online sessions, and more. You’ll have to watch videos and write blog posts for each module in the program.
The following are the key features of the coaching certification by Erickson International:
- A very comprehensive and detailed certifications
- You can choose from online or on-site training based on your preference
- You can choose from three different certifications
- ICF accredited certification
- The training includes group mentoring, one-to-one sessions, and oral assessments
- The courses you take develop the most appropriate skills and competencies that are ideal for coaches
- You’ll get all the material and learning resources.
Here are the best things about these certifications:
- Multiple certifications to choose from
- Payment plans available
- Online self-paced training
- Group mentoring and one-to-one live sessions
- Detailed and professional courses and training.
Here are the things that you might not like:
- It is a very expensive certification
- No post-certification support is available
- There aren’t courses on business development and marketing.
The certifications by Erickson International are very expensive. The Coach Qualification is priced at $5,250 if you opt for online and $5,610 for on-site training. The Coach Diploma costs $10,050 for online and $10,770 for on-site. The online Coach Certificate is priced at $6,125 and on-site costs $6,845.
You can go for payment plans where you can pay in installments.
The certifications by Erickson International are ideal for non-beginners. If you are already a coach and want to add more certifications or polish your skills, you must go for an appropriate certification based on your specific requirements. If you are new, this isn’t the best choice for you.
What’s the Right Life Coach Certification Online for You?
The choice depends on your requirements. There are several factors that you need to consider before finalizing an online life coach training program such as Accreditation, duration, course content, price, and post-course support.
Based on the reviews, the overall best life coach certification is Life Coach Certification Online by iNLP Center. It is cost-effective, self-paced, and accredited. You can enroll and complete it according to your pace. And you get multiple certifications upon completion.
Go for it if you are undecided.