Data analytics is growing fast and data analysts (especially skilled ones) are the most sought-after professionals all over the world. If you are looking for a career option, there isn’t anything better than becoming a data analyst.
A data scientist is a job that scored the number one job in the US for four consecutive years. According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, the demand for data science and analytics skills is expected to drive 28% employment by 2026 in the US.
There is no better time than now to step into the data analytics and data science field. It doesn’t matter if you have a relevant college degree or previous experience. You can start from scratch.
A data analyst training program is your best bet to instantly acquire required (and in-demand) skills and expertise to grab a data analyst job. The entry-level training programs don’t have any prerequisites, anyone can enroll, complete the courses, work with real-world data and projects, and get the skills employers are looking for.
Finding the right data analyst training program and courses will put you on the right track. Taking a single program will significantly increase your chances of getting a data analyst job.
You don’t have to do anything to get started, simply choose a relevant data analyst training program from the list below and enroll.
1. Become a Data Analyst
Let’s start with a free data analyst training program. Become a Data Analyst by LinkedIn is a free training program that consists of 7 video courses. The total duration of the program is 24 hours and it offers you the flexibility of choosing your own schedule. You can watch videos and complete your training at your own pace.
The best thing about Become a Data Analyst is that each course is taught by a different instructor, this provides you with a chance to learn from different experts. The training program consists of a basic overview of data analytics, data fluency, Excel, data visualization, Power BI training, and Tableau training.
Yes, it is indeed a comprehensive training program that teaches you everything you want to start your career in the field of data science or data analytics.
However, it doesn’t offer any projects, practical assignments, or job guarantees. This is a possible downside of the program but since it doesn’t cost you a penny, you must ignore these downsides.
The main features include:
- A free, comprehensive, and beginner-friendly program
- You'll earn a completion certificate
- A flexible schedule makes it best for students and people who are already doing a job
- There are no perquisites for enrollment. Anyone can join from a LinkedIn account
- Teaches you leading analytics and statistical tools
- The program comes with quizzes to help you better understand course content.
This is a free data analyst training program that doesn’t cost you a buck. Enroll with a single click from your LinkedIn account, complete all the courses, grab your certificate, and you'll be much ahead from the rest of the candidates in your next job interview.
2. Data Science Specialization
How about enrolling in a data analyst training program offered by Johns Hopkins University? There isn’t anything better than learning data analytics and specializing in data science from university professors. The Data Science Specialization is one such training program that consists of ten courses and comes with a hands-on project where you'll get a chance to work on real-world data.
It is a specialization program which means it helps you master a specific skill, in this case, data analysis using R. You'll learn how to use R for data cleaning, data exploration, and analysis. It also covers developing data products and the practical use of machine learning. There are a couple of courses on statistical inference that covers regression, ANOVA, ANCOVA, and other statistical techniques.
The final hands-on project is where you'll apply all the learnings on real-world data. This improves learning and you'll have a real-world project to use in your portfolio. Finally, you'll earn a completion certificate that helps you grab a job after completion.
The training program suggests that you must have basic knowledge of Python and regression. It is a data science specialization program so it is suitable for those who have previous experience with data analytics, machine learning, programming in R, or relevant data science experience.
As a beginner, you'll find it hard to get along.
The key features of the training program are:
- A powerful and comprehensive data science training course
- Online courses with a flexible schedule. You can set your own pace
- Course videos are sharable making it easier to watch them at your convenience
- Highly practical and job-oriented training with quizzes, graded assignments, instructor feedback, peer feedback, and final real-world project
- The subtitles are available in several languages that make it suitable for non-natives too.
The Data Science Specialization is available at Coursera and it costs $39 per month. With 7 hours week commitment, you'll be able to complete all the courses in 11 months costing you $429. However, when you subscribe, you'll get access to several other courses from leading universities and organizations. You can try Coursera free for 7 days.
Besides, there are funding options available too for the Data Science Specialization program. You can apply for financial aid after free sign up.
3. Excel to MySQL: Analytic Techniques for Business Specialization
If you are interested in a beginner-friendly data analytics course from a university, the Excel to MySQL: Analytic Techniques for Business Specialization by Duke University gives you a complete overview of data analytics via its 5 different courses.
You'll master Excel for data analysis, you'll learn how to use data visualization in Tableau, how to manage big data using MySQL, and a capstone project with real-world data from the real estate industry (via Airbnb). The courses prepare you to prepare, analyze, present, and use data for improving the profitability of the business.
The two instructors are highly experienced academicians and researchers from Duke University. You'll get quizzes, assignments, and feedback on quizzes from instructors and peers. The program offers you a sharable certification that you can share on your LinkedIn profile.
The core features of the training program include:
- A beginner level training program with no prerequisites
- You can set your own pace and take courses as per your schedule and ease
- A basic but comprehensive data analyst program that covers Excel, Tableau, MySQL, and more
- You'll work on a capstone project on data provided by Airbnb
- Chance to present your project to senior data scientists at Airbnb
- Subtitles are available in several languages including Chinese, Russian, Korean, Spanish, and more
- Quizzes, graded assignments, and learning material along with course videos
- You'll receive a completion certificate.
It is available at Coursera so you'll have to subscribe to it to get started. The cost per month is $39 with a 7-days free trial. It will take an average of 7 months (with 4 hours/week commitment) to complete all the five courses so it will cost you around $273 if you complete it in 7 months.
The training program comes with financial aid. You can apply for financial aid if you can’t afford it.
4. Data Analyst with R
Data Analyst with R happens to be one of the most detailed and professional training programs for data analysts in this list. It consists of 19 courses that are taught by industry experts including DataCamp co-founder Jonathan Cornelissen. Each course is divided into several tiny chunks that make it easy-to-watch videos and complete courses in multiple sittings. The total duration of the training program is 77 hours making it one of the lengthiest programs on our list.
The focus of the program is to enable candidates to manipulate, analyze, and visualize data in R. It covers two core R packages in great detail: ggplot2 and tidyverse. You'll also learn how to query data in SQL, so it teaches you both R and SQL in detail. You'll work on projects from real-world data (e.g. Netflix).
There are no prerequisites. It starts from the absolute basic R programming and it gradually teaches you intermediate and advanced data analytic techniques. You don’t need to have any programming or data analytics experience to start this data science training program.
The key Data Analyst with R features include:
- An interactive and very detailed training program
- No prerequisites. Anyone can join and master the R and SQL skills
- Works for both beginners and experienced data analysts who want to change career or master R programming
- The courses are divided into small videos that make it easy-to-understand and keep track of the courses
- Interactive program with quizzes, exercises, and assignments
- Complete projects using real-world datasets that help you get a job towards the end of the program
- Learn industry experts including data scientists, data analysts, and data engineers with years of experience under their belts.
The Data Analyst with R is available at DataCamp that costs you $12.42 per month (billed annually). You'll be able to access other training programs, skill tracks and assessments, career tracks, and several other features with your account. If you can complete the training program in a year, it will cost you $149.04 which is quite reasonable for such a comprehensive and practical program.
5. The Data Science Course 2021: Complete Data Science Bootcamp
This Data Science Course by 365 Careers is one heck of a program that covers everything that you need to know to become a top data analyst. It is available on Udemy and is a best-seller and rightly so – it covers mathematics, statistics, Python, machine learning, and deep learning. It doesn’t miss anything related to data science and data analysis.
The course has 62 sections, 471 lectures, 29 hours of video content, 90 articles, and 154 downloadable resources. It offers live support and real-life projects and cases that help you build your portfolio. It is a career-oriented training course but doesn’t guarantee a job.
The key skills you'll gain include:
- Introduction to data science and its principles
- Overview of mathematics and statistics for business analytics
- Python programming with a focus on machine and deep learning
- Data storytelling with Tableau
- Master machine learning methods with TensorFlow.
There are no enrollment requirements. It works for both beginners and experienced data scientists and analysts who want to polish their analytics skills. It starts with the fundamentals and moves to the advanced data analytic techniques and tools.
The only requirement is to install Anaconda (instructions provided in the course) and Microsoft Excel on your device.
Here is an overview of the core features of The Data Science Course 2021: Complete Data Science Bootcamp:
- A bestselling data science program with a 4.5-star rating and more than 326K+ enrolled students
- Fully online with flexible timings. You can set your own pace and complete it even with your job
- No prior experience needed
- It consists of videos, articles, exercises, projects, downloadable material, lifetime access, and more
- You'll get a completion certificate that will help you get a relevant job right after completion
- It covers a lot of tools and techniques that aren’t mostly available with other training programs
- You'll learn Python, machine learning, NumPy, statistics, linear regression, pandas, Tableau, matplotlib, Seaborn, and more.
The price of the Data Science course is $129.99. Considering what you'll learn, the price is quite reasonable. It doesn’t guarantee a data science or data analyst job but the skills you'll acquire help you throughout your career.
If you can afford it, don’t miss this powerful training program.
Data Analyst Training Program to Get a Job
The idea is to complete your training program and get a relevant job as quickly as possible. There are a couple of things you must do to quickly land a data analyst or data scientist job after completion of the training.
First, give your best to the project that’s based on real-life data. This will act as a sample that you can show in job interviews. Employers aren’t interested in training programs rather they want to see what you can do and that’s where you can show them the projects you completed during the training.
Second, try choosing a training program that offers you a completion certificate. Most of the programs on our list does offer a completion certificate. It makes you credible as you'll be able to show documentary proof of what skills you have.
The right data analyst job is waiting for you. Go grab it.